Dad and me

"I remember the time I was kidnapped and they sent a piece of finger to my father. He said he wanted more proof"!--Rodney Dangerfield.

Well,  that's my father for you. 72 years and going strong. He remembers all the important things. Sometimes he can't remember my name, but last night he told me exactly how much money I owe him. When I was a kid,  he even refused to spend money on me. Once I broke my arm playing football and instead of taking me to the Ortho, he took me to the airport and tried to get a free X-ray where they do the luggages.

Once I was passing through a graveyard with my dad and I told him that this was a popular cemetery.He informed me "yes I know ,people are just dying to get in there! ". Looking at him wiping the sweat on his brow I asked him again,  " dad,  are you al-right ?"-he said " no,  I'm half left"...

I got the scare of my life when one day he decided to take a break from all the ongoing chores and stuff and went away from home without informing the family. We looked for him for 5 days.  He had switched off his cell phone too. I had filed a missing complaint too and the cops kept reassuring me that he'll be back soon. .It looked like they were in connivance with dad and so it seemed to me. 6th day after loosing around half a million bucks searching for him around the earth, I came home tired and forlorn , I saw him sitting on the stairway to the door. Wearily I asked him where he was for these many days and that I spent so much money searching. He said , " I was bored and was out looking for adventure.... Half a million to look for me?.. I thought you should have spent at least a million. What a snob you are !".. That's my dad for you. ..... 

He always has a knack for things. It's his wit that kills me.  My son when he was a kiddo once asked him,  " grandpa , how many mangoes grow on a tree ?" He chuckled and answered , " all of them "!
I was in a meeting when I received a dozen missed calls from dad.  I knew he was just out to get me and nothing was serious.. I called back and informed him " if it's nothing serious I'll call you later ,"..he grunted and said,  " don't you ever do that , call me dad!! "

Dad! ! They're famous for what they do. In an effort to make you smile,  or sometimes groan , dad's are known to pull your legs and turn every situation possible into a humour. They are these source of literal understanding and special perspectives. There's always something comforting about them.  You'd always like to laugh from a joke shared by this good old man,  your dad.. 
You are sometimes filled with revenge and would like to shoot back when he uses his amazing skills at you. Maybe you are a dad yourself and want to Up your skills. Whatever it is,  you're certain to enjoy,  acknowledge , respect and salute that one person who has changed your life to get a new perspective again. ..

That's dad for you....... for me. .......

God Bless!! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Writer's Block"

The Heart story

Other Words !