Police friend
Have used the word ‘Cop ‘not as a derogatory but out of respect to mark this article.
“ It takes a special person …to risk so
much for people who care so little “
For those who came in late:
The term cop is derived from
the old Irish Gaelic term coup meaning protector/servant of the people. It is a
myth that the term derived from copper or meaning to seize.
Have you ever told a traffic police
officer a “Thank you “? ..You are driving past him at the cross road and he
waves at the wind as if chopping it for you to pass through..” Thank you
officer “!.He may not smile, he may not react, but deep down his heart he knows
that he has achieved one good deed today. All it needs to call it a day, a good
day….
Un-reacting to the heat, the showers and
the chill, they stand there to elude the chaos which would have ensued if they
were not standing there…
I have done it a few hundred times,
honestly..I have received a smile, a wave of hand and sometimes even a
frown..Doesn’t mind, you know…’cause he is the man who may see us reach our
destinations in safe and time.
Police officers are difficult people with which maintain either
personal or intimate relations They are very often judgmental, suspicious and controlling. Police witness things that many do
not - Having conversations about their work can be difficult for all involved
and it seems that police officers simply avoid this with people who aren't
fellow officers. Not wanting to discuss your work with others makes a large
hole in many people's conversations and makes them seem to be "dull".
I guess dull people are rarely sought out for their friendship.
I’ve a bunch load of friends who are
police officers. Trust me , they have never ever felt the others who are non
police a moment of dullness or inanity.
I bet you must also have these people in your own world. Everybody’s got their
own world and their own circle of friends.
Most people are not entirely
comfortable with cops. Even if they're law-abiding citizens, they'll constantly
be aware that one of ‘The Watchers’ is around and be self-conscious. They won't
act normally. For this reason, cops usually gravitate to the company of other
cops, where they can let their hair down and relax. It's just easier for
everyone that way.
Cops are human. And I’ll
tell you… many cops have an uproarious sense of humor… and underneath that
tough exterior… deep down, most of them really care about people..
The most solid friends I
ever had were cops. Years have passed by and they have grown into solid human
beings, like Spiderman's uncle once said, “ with great powers come greater
responsibilities“ .. Its simply that..Busy and busy. I don't see them often
today but I am lucky to have cops for friends.
Society often questions the
police and their methods , and the police say, “ do you want the criminals off
the streets or not ? “
Heard a quote : “ A really
good detective never gets married “.. I
know all..They are good
detectives and happily married too.
Thank you all for coming to
our lives , when you came, and instilling that discipline, the honour , the
respect for fellow beings , the compatriot ship and the will to take on the
world as you have…A highly positive energy which exults from you.
A salute to our un-named heroes, the men in uniform. A friend
Respect!!👮♂️ Cheers ..Prasee
ReplyDelete