The Golden Glass
Teetotallers : Please don’t
read it again and again
The table a few meters away. A beautiful painting on the
wall behind the table. Probably a few thousand bucks. A handmade Vase with
beautiful flowers. A pot with indigenous plants , rare !
All said and done, the attention shifts to the crystal glass
with the golden glow. Half Golden and half Crystal. The eyes are fixed on this
invention which rests on the table with grandoise
and in glory.
The liquid sunshine.!
This is the glass which has made deals , friendships and businesses
prosper. The inspiration to all worldly things . Happiness is having a piece of
chicken, a bottle of whiskey and giving the chicken to someone else.
Truth is, it demands appreciation. You gaze first , then its
time to drink. I’ve been often asked if I wanted to add water to the Gold..(
you know it ). I say,” I’m thirsty , not dirty “.
I suffer from writer’s block sometimes. But I guess, I’m
just complaining. An excuse to drink alcohol.
There is one person who can cure you of a writer’s block. Ladies
and gentlemen, Mr. Johnnie Walker.
Whiskey is our friend and confidant and sticks by us through
thick and thin. It’s just not me who’s saying this , its all been said before.
For music lovers, imagine the light music of whiskey falling
into a glass. The most agreeable interlude.
My wife often takes me to the mountain tops of Abu. Yeah.
She takes me . She loves me a lot.
Love , a four letter word. So does “Beer” !
Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always
right. And the other always needs more whiskey.
A friend of me usually drinks Red Bull.. He says that it
gives him wings..My friend, this is for you..drink whiskey, it gives you
balls..!
Normally the whiskey I drink has its own sense of humour. It
really causes me to think I can sing. It causes me to think I’m getting an
applause and people laughing with me.
Some years back , I got a couple of cardiac spasms and was hospitalized.
The doctor asked me for my vices and told me to stop it immediately. While in
conversation, I told him that I had a drinking problem !. He asked what it was
. I said “ when I drink whiskey, I have
two hands and only one mouth “..
The doctor occasionally visits me at my place and we have a
glass or two over a healthy conversation!
He has also advised me to drink more water. I’ve started
adding ice to my whiskey.
A humour I just came to by : A drunk was in front of a judge. The judge says , “ You’ve been brought here
for drinking whiskey. “ The drunk says “
Okay, lets get started “ !
I decided to stop this once and for all and leave it for
good. . It was a will I never wanted to establish. Still I did it .. Again we
had gone to the mountains . We go there now and then you know . . My wife
looked at me while we were crossing a Bar. The lights were inviting..I’m never drinking again…. ..Shit ! Look, more whiskey. ! Here goes the establishment.
There’s a special place in hell reserved for those people
who waste good whiskey.
A word of advice : If whiskey interferes with your business,
give up your business, No use trying to do two things at the same time .
An inspirational quote by Haruki Murakami : “ I contended
myself with whiskey, for medicinal purposes. It helped numb by various aches
and pains. Not that the alcohol actually reduced the pain, it just gave the
pain a life of its own, apart from mine “.
There’s nothing more satisfying than a good whiskey after a
long hard day. Actually there’s nothing more satisfying than a good whiskey. Period.
I only drink a little. But when I do, I turn into a
different person, and that person drinks like hell.
Ladies and Gentlemen, I am not asking you to do a course
here, nor is this post anyways to upset your will. But if you do, you know
where to find me…..!
I too love that four letter word and my hubby of course 🍻😋
ReplyDeleteI swear to drunk I am not God !! 🥂🥂 Cheers! Prasee
ReplyDeleteThank you both
ReplyDelete