Fine Wine


" I hope to arrive to my death, little later, in love, and a little drunk "
Atticus

This blog - The idea is to die young-as late as possible....

I've been meeting different people. Some young and some old and some middle-aged like me. In their 40s...The latter, when asked about life and experiences were so excited to reveal their till date experiences..but when asked about the present scenarios.. usually are crestfallen , sad as if they have failed somewhere unexpectedly. The motive is lost , spirit vaporised.....They think or seem to have grown old...!

God knows why !?

Wine- the more it is aged, finer it gets..!

Me : I get better with age. The best is yet to come. 
Actually fine wine leaves you with something cheerful, genial and good humoured. The ordinary wine just leaves...!

Life is but a fine wine to be sipped and favored.

Some time back I was informed that shampooing hair on the head with Beer would result into lovely flowing & strong hair..
I have a secret to share :-I've got hairs in my stomach..I need to wash it occasionally..!

I used to think drinking was bad for me ...yes....you've guessed it right !  I gave up on my thinking.!!!

Whenever I look into the mirror , I see these lines..The face is marked with lines of life , put there by love and laughter , suffering and tears.. I think its beautiful.

I'm happier than I've been at any time in my life these days. I have a wonderful wife whom I adore , watching two kids growing into delightful adults. I've made art I am proud of , I have some real , true  , glorious friends and relationships and I've been able to do real good things I care about , lately..

I wish the time hadn't gone so fast , though. And sometimes I wish I'd enjoyed it more on the way and worried about it less...

I still surprise people..I surprise myself.!

My face has got older , but less comparitevly than it would otherwise have done. It's scored with deep dry wrinkles . But my face hasn't collapsed..., it's kept the same contours.

I'm proud that I've survived this planet for as long as I have ..

Life humbles you as you age. You realize how much time you wasted on nonsense.

People often asked me to act my age..Honestly I don't know how to act my age. I've never been this age before...

I love everything that's old - old friends  , old times , old manners and of course old wine..!

And anyone who keeps learning stays young.Keep your mind growing. You can't help getting older , but you don't have to get old..

Accept it  - For the first part of your life people tell you what you should do , for the second half , they tell you what you should have done..

When I tell my kids I was born before the internet , they don't believe me . Please guys, respect us.. We graduated college without Google or wiki...

If at first you don't succeed , try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it..

I drink to make other people more interesting. When you are stressed take wine , if you are still stressed take more wine ...!

I've grey hair coming in..lots of them.! And I love this work of graffiti..!!

We've reached that age my friends , when your brain has went from  -

      " you probably shouldn't say that "

                          to

      " what the hell , let's see what happens "


Age like fine wine , for aging is not lost youth but a new stage of opportunity and strength ..!!


Comments

  1. Thoroughly enjoyed reading !
    The best phrase I liked is ....

    "People often asked me to act my age..Honestly I don't know how to act my age. I've never been this age before..."

    Awaiting some more soon ......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dear.. appreciate it..this is the inspiration I need to write more...Thanks a ton!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty good and fresh one...something i guess everyone knows but doesn't want to step in that...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Writer's Block"

The Heart story

Other Words !