Bothered by Sorry
Thanks Praseeda for sharing an insight on the greatest word of the world - 'sorry'
" Let us endeavor so to live, so that when we come to die , even the undertaker will be sorry "
- Mark Twain
How to become a player : It is the time when there is no one there to feel sorry for you , or to cheer for you , is when a player is made..
The time teacher taught me that apologizing does not always mean you're wrong and the other person is right. It just means you value your relationship more than your ego.
I know how it may be comprehending. It sounds so simple and yet so complicated , to accept an apology.
My wife and me , we've known each other for 20+ years . There are some days where we fight on trivial matters. But I did not start the fight . So why should I apologize ?. Gradually the fighting stopped , but the disapppointment hovered in our hearts. It seemed hard to bring the word "Sorry " on our tongues. A small word which could be the root to save all relations.
I've learnt that the one who is apologizing is actually leaving his self-esteem and ego and giving respect to others.
Maturity is the ability to win without confession and not criticize when things don't go well.
Living on this planet for around 45 years , the experience says that when someone knows damn well they owe you an apology , they become obsessed with discrediting you .
I ponder , and most of you may agree , that why most conversions always come so late ? Why do people always apologize to corpses....Why wouldn't we apologize , when the corpse was alive ?
I've made terrible mistakes that have hurt the people that I cared about the most , and I am terribly sorry and ashamed .
I've learnt that right actions in the future are the best apologies for bad actions in the past.
Saying sorry to someone is hard - but putting your pride down for someone is the hardest.
But , do we say sorry too much ?
Some sorries bother people..
People often come up to me and say that my smoking is bothering them .......
I'm sorry , and we'll...it's kinda killing me ..!
There is nothing I can do to undo what I did. With great humility , I can say again that I am sorry to those I let down and with greater gratitude to those who stood with me , during a very difficult chapter in my life .
Writing anything is terribly hard but for me , because I am addicted , it seems a lot of fun . I often am sorry , I even started writing non-fiction.
Hell.., I can't stop !
People often asked me what I do for a living . They've seen me work and exist. Feeling sorry for myself and my present condition is not only a waste of energy but the worst habit I could possibly have.
I couldn't have disappointed you more ..
I will continue to play and that's the way I'm succeeding in my life .
If I hit you by mistake, all I can say is I'm sorry and move on .
I'm not going to whine or get depressed. who's going to feel sorry for me ?
Nobody !
" Truly saying sorry is never easy to do , and when you are , you just hope it's not too late "
-Justin Tranter
Another one on the go :
" Forgive all who have offended you , not for them , but for yourself "
Forgiveness is not an occasional act , it is a constant attitude.
OK.....I am sorry, I am so sorry .....
I didn't mean to make you mad !!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I beg to be an inspirational writer.. But why do I use the 'I' the most. Why do I say ' I did this , I did that '.....For clarity to some readers who have asked me this question .. I've mentioned before that people have often come up to me and said that 'this has happened to me too '..The stories and messages I share might not have happened to me only, but maybe to some of you too.. I am for you , and thank you for making me your representative.
Heard from Ubuntu " I am , because we are !
Comments
Post a Comment