I am 46

 This was hard …trust me .!

Well , I am middle aged..Not young …hmmm..middle aged. But middle age is around 25-35 …right ? So what comes after middle age ? is it Old ?  or maybe an error..? hahahaha… error age !..errr…not content, but a grammatical error age …that is !

'Seniors ' is acceptable , but senior citizens show up on the most disapproved terms , I think...I don't have a problem with senor after the age of 70 or to get a senior discount when I'm 55...you know ..!

These are just not generational labels guys...those little words like " still driving " or " still jogging " imply that we are still able to do these activities , we are still out of the ordinary , defying the norms ...right ...friends ?


But our perception of this life mostly depends on our health and the outlook on life than the number of years on earth . We are such people ..yes …we , you , all…we defiantly embrace the idea of getting old . It does bring to mind a vision of new life – and even longevity….right ?

The first 40 years of childhood are always the hardest..hahahaha

When I talk to younger people these days and tell them that I was born in 1975 , they stare at me in disbelief…They’ve never heard of that year before …come on guys ….it’s like being born in the  17th century… Oh man !!!  The century is the same guys…you are born in..

One day , I’m going to open a shop and name it “ awesome since 1975”..hahahaha


The good news – we all have a sense of humour about the subject . ..” Still Alive “..

Now , that’s the spirit. !

I am a quadragenarian..a term used for 40 to 49 year old guys…whewwww…being this word is like a simplified tongue twister…oofff..!

Seriously…come to think of it …..I took more than 40 years to look this good….man !

And ….” Age is  matter of feeling  , not of years “ –George William Curtis

I’m not asking you all to outrun our age …no .!  but at least we can laugh at it ..

We’ve had some experiences in our lives…right ? Good…bad ….mixed..correct ? The problem with us all is that even if you hear a bad story of us , we don’t understand that there was a time we were good to people …and nobody tells that part …right ?

Our generation is just amazing….we are definitely not quitters . I mean …we don’t know when to quit…we keep on fighting and fighting …..guess…that’s why I never  gave up on drinking ...because I am not a quitter..! hahahaha ….

“ Age is not lost youth , but a new stage of opportunity and strength “

 

Tally Ho !



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Writer's Block"

The Heart story

Other Words !