The older I get !

This is not a motivational story…whatever it is …this is it ! 


Don’t you get weird ideas now ….I don’t mean that we are old guys….for sure !..I just want to say that our age is the number of years , the world has been enjoying us ..! hahahahaha

Whole life we’ve been doing stupid things…and I am not getting worried about being a little older…you know ? …ummm…I still get to do stupid things…but only slower…! hahahaha


I don’t lie about my age…not anymore …I am 47 and am proud of the fact that I am this age…People call me middle aged …but that’s Ok…how many of us know people who are 115 years old ?

When I was young , I was called being very rugged…Today, when I am about to reach fifty , I am considered eccentric. .Actually I am doing and saying the same things ….hahahha…yaaaa…it happens to us all the time !


One thing I learnt about getting older…you know ….that when we were young, we didn’t have stories…we would fumble with words and there were no such thing as telling a tale …Now , we’ve got thousands of long anecdotes , to share…and people love them !

It’s like we’ve always been a teenager….Yes…we are not old, but a bunch of recycled teenagers….that’s what we are .! hahahaha


I’ve often heard my children talk about old guys ….you know….I listen to them and walk away…..lately I realized , that when someone in their 20s talks about old people….? …Are they talking about us..?  NO !

You know what’s funny about getting a bit older …? ..I wear specs to read and write ….that’s not funny…but the funny part is even though your eyesight may weaken , you can see through people much better ….!...Well…that’s an advantage ..!


But I don’t let myself down a wee bit …you know ?....It’s too hard to get , back up..!

Yeah…these days when we friends meet up….we don’t discuss what we do…we discuss how old we’ve got ! hahahahaha


I think we are all lucky …..for we’ve grown older…no ? We’ve survived so much bad lucks …that now there’s no such thing as good or bad lucks …! Karma….guys….Karma….! hahahaha

One thing I’ve learnt as I get older , is to give….no…no…no…not because I have much….but because I know exactly how it feels to have nothing….you know…!


Our journey’s been a whole lot of baggage for us….right ?...let’s not be weighed down by this baggage….Let us let go and allow ourselves to embrace what is waiting for, right at our feets….!


Phew….!!  Sometimes I wonder …how did I get this right …..! hahahaha


Cheers to a new us and for an another chance…..for us to get it right !


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Writer's Block"

The Heart story

Other Words !